Friday, August 5, 2011

Destini Donates


A few days ago Destini came home excited about locks for love. Her aunt Melanie had told her about how you cut your hair and donate it to be made into wigs for children whom have lost or do not have hair. It was kinda cute because she was explaining this all to me unaware that I myself have in years past donated I believe 4 times. Inside I was so proud that my little baby girl was feeling empathy and charity towards others. Destini has long beautiful hair which she has worked hard to grow out. I say worked hard because she has over and over resisted the temptation to cut it while her sisters have been treated to almost spa like trips to the salons complete with treats and balloons (thank you cookie cutters). So I was more than surprised when unprompted to told me she would like to donate because she is sure some little kid would love to have long blond hair like hers. I wanted her to think it over and make the final decision in a few days. The last few days she has fretted no doubt about the sacrifice she starts middle school in a few weeks, we have a family reunion and picture coming up and I of coarse put in my two cents. I encouraged her explaining "hair grows back", you always looked cut with any length hair and reminded her all wonderful feelings donating would give her. (Has anyone noticed how easy giving your two cents is?)

This morning came and Destini still wanted to donate but was clearly nervous and ill at ease. The thought came maybe I should donate with her. I quickly texted the man of the house and William gave 2 thumbs up. I fully expected him to talk me out of it. I video chatted with Michelle Young for support but as Destini and I left for the mall I was the nervous one now. Luckly we ran into Tyler and Marla and I recieved the final push I needed to take my own advice (the same advice I so freely offered Destini earlier) and we both went under the chopping block.




3 comments:

  1. Cute new cuts. Can't wait to see them in person. It feels good to give away your hair and then if it turns out that you don't love the cut . . . at least it went to a good cause. You look great though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good for you! Brave girls. I think you look absolutely stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you guys look GREAT!
    Way to be brave :)

    ReplyDelete