Monday, September 5, 2011

And I Quote...

Oh I love a great quote, which almost makes this blog entry extra hard, because I want to search out and include all of the wonderful quotes and include them. I feel almost like I will hurt one of the quotes feelings if I overlook them. I imagine my anxiety is much like an acceptance speech for a great award..."I would like to thank all the wonderful quotes that have helped me get to where I am today. The quotes who made me chuckle when I was down. The quotes who pushed me to be a better person, more kind and caring. The quotes that inspired me and left me pondering in deep reverie...." Now you can see when I pulled today's question "What is your favorite quote?" I almost shoved the slip of paper back in the jar and faithfully logged on to hulu to spend my 10 extra minutes of free time. But then the little voice (Brittney my sister in law) popped in my head and said I owe it to my 2 blog followers to post an entry. So in fairness to all the wonderful quotes in the world I will share only one of my favorites. 
" It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us... If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."- Gordon B. Hinckley
You see what I mean about great quotes? This one has helped me many a morning facing a day with what feels like the weight of the world on my back. So now I ask what other great quotes are just waiting to join my family of amazing quotes? - Jenny

7 comments:

  1. LOVE it! What wonderful words. I hear a great, simple one from my sister a few days ago:
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine? -

    "But then the little voice (Brittney my sister in law) popped in my head..."

    ;) Thanks for posting! I hope you know more than 2 people are reading your blog! Sean, Me, Sonya and Maggie... ok I guess you can only really count Sean and I but still. That's at LEAST 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sonya and Maggie for reading my blog. Yes Brittney I was talking about you. : )
    Nellie, I love your quote, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Our task is to become our best selves. One of God's greatest gifts to us is the joy of trying again, for no failure ever need be final." - Thomas S. Monson

    And I think I'm pretty great with this one - "You're face is like the sun. It hurts to look at directly." I said that to a roommate at about 3 am once up in Idaho. Oh college days....

    That's all for now. :) love you Jen! And I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only had to read the first sentence of your quote and I was carried back to General Conference and I could hear President Hinkley saying it. I love that quote!

    My usually answer is "A life left unexamined is not worth living." -Plato

    I first read that quote in Walden. Really made me stop and think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you have more than two fans. Great quote choice! I don't think I could come up with a favorite quote. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I didn't know you had a blog til like 2 seconds ago! I love it! Right now I have two favorite quotes.

    1 - "When you get knocked down, pray that you land on your back; cuz if you can look up, you can get up."

    2- "Easy" and "Worth it" are rarely the same.

    Love and miss you Jen!

    ReplyDelete